I just made this superfood autumn stew in the crockpot for the first time today. It’s a clean recipe and will fit perfectly as I journey in the 21 Day Fix Extreme.
Saute 1 large onion in olive oil. Add the spices listed below.
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground coriander1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 large yukon gold potatoes, diced
4 med parsnips, diced (peel first)
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Combine these items in the slow cooker. Cook on high for an hour and a half.
1 can northern beans (sometimes I make these separately in the crockpot and have on hand in the freezer – it’s an economical way to avoid the nasty BPAs found in canned items)
2 medium sweet potatoes
Add the above 2 items and cook another 2 hours.
Handful of spinach (use your judgement)
Add spinach and any other seasonings you like.
These protein bites are my favorite. They’re the perfect snack or little bite to have with coffee. Here’s the recipe:
1 c. oats (either quick cooking or old-fashioned, I like them both)
1/2 c. chunky peanut butter
1/2 c. coconut (I use organic, but any is fine)
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (sometimes I use less)
1/3 c. honey
1/2 scoop chocolate Shakeology
1/4 c. blend of ground flax & chia
pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Mix everything. Shape into balls. Refrigerate. Enjoy!
I always struggle with drinking enough water but it’s a lot easier when you understand the benefits. Just think – it’s a super easy way to experience all of these benefits:
- Improves your skin – try it. Drink half of your body weight in ounces every day. Cut out soda and sugary drinks and see how your skin improves!
- More energy – who doesn’t want more energy to get everything done in a day?!
- Prevents headaches – I notice when I travel I tend to get really bad headaches. Reason: I’m dehydrated. Drinking adequate water can prevent this so I now pack extra water bottles when I’m on the road.
- Immune-boosting benefits – especially with lemon. Adding lemon to your water is a great choice because lemons are naturally antibacterial and antiviral. TIP – in order to help me drink enough water throughout the day, I start each day off with a cup of lemon tea.
- It’s good for digestion
- It helps protect your joints – this is so important as we age. And it’s important to keep exercising to stave off aging!
Fun fact: The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water.
I have week 1 down in the books so I have done each workout! Here are my tips to get the most out of each and every workout:
Fuel your body right – These workouts are good-intense. Light weights are incorporated in almost every workout. Proper nutrition will ensure you have energy to sustain the best form and therefore, the best results. Remember – Summer bodies are created in the winter!
EXTREME FITNESS. SIMPLE EATING. SERIOUS RESULTS.
When you absolutely, positively need to get lean and defined in the shortest time possible…21 Day Fix EXTREME is the way to do it.
Give it all the guts, intensity, and drive you’ve got for 21 days—and you WILL get that hardbody you’ve always wanted.
The workouts are short, but they’re extreme. The eating plan is simple, but there’s no room for treats or cheating. It’s a serious 21 days. But stick with it, and you’ll walk away with serious results.
To order and receive the benefit of FREE coaching, click here:
There are 7 days of workouts in this program. What I love about it, is that it is a great mix of strength, cardio, flexibility – a little bit of everything. I’m only 4 days in the program but am very excited about the toning and fat loss that I can see happening. This is going to get me in great shape for hiking this summer!!
- Plyo Fix Extreme. An explosive lower-body workout that uses jumping and resistance to torch calories and sculpt muscles.
- Upper Fix Extreme. By alternating opposing muscle groups, this no-rest upper-body workout will help shred your chest, back, shoulders, and arms.
- Pilates Fix Extreme. Using a resistance band for every exercise, this intense mat workout works the entire body, placing emphasis on the core.
- Lower Fix Extreme. Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves will get stronger, leaner, and more defined with challenging resistance work.
- Cardio Fix Extreme. Combining weighted cardio moves with traditional metabolic training intervals keeps your heart rate soaring.
- Yoga Fix Extreme. A fast-paced flow yoga class, combining strength, balance, flexibility, and power
- Dirty 30 – Bonus workout featuring seven compound moves that target multiple muscle groups simultaneously, to help you develop integrated strength and incredible definition.
In addition to the comprehensive workout programs, the eating guide is AMAZING! I’m learning about proper portions, getting all my fruits and veggies in and limiting carbs. I’d love it if you would join me on this fitness journey! Contact me about becoming your coach and joining one of my motivational challenge groups. When I started the programs, I found the challenge groups and Shakeology KEY to keeping my motivation on track and my Energy up!
If your order 21 Day Fix Extreme from me (make sure to sign up with me as your coach), you will also get a free Challenge workout! Not only that, you will be able to participate in a challenge group and get FREE coaching and lots of motivation and encouragement!!
To order, click here:
21 Day Fix EXTREME Challenge Pack: