ALDI Meal Plan & Shopping Trip Results
Recently, I put together a meal plan and grocery list that featured 21 Day Fix Clean Eating recipes and items that I could find at ALDI. My goal was to put together a plan that is realistic for those of us who are on both time and money budgets. Today, I went shopping at ALDI to put my plan to the test. I have to confess that real life intervened and I was tempted to some items that weren’t on my list! Does that ever happen to you?
ALDI Meal plan, grocery list and REAL-LIFE shopping trip results! How did I do?
I was AMAZED at what I was able to buy for just under $75. I think if I had stuck even closer to my list, I would have done even better. Overall, I did pretty well.
- Greek yogurt (large, so I can portion out into my red containers and save $$)
- 3 pk Zucchini (I can use these for many meals and even grill some for my husband)
- Green beans (These will last several meals. I can always add to salads or freeze extras)
- Spinach (to add to smoothies)
- Onion (This bag of onions will last several weeks)
- Sweet potato (Found a large bag of sweet potatoes – I will have to concoct more recipes. Message me if you know of any good ones!)
- Frozen peppers and onions (So handy!)
- Chicken tenderloin
- Chicken breasts
- Pork tenderloin
- Ground sirloin (I missed the ground turkey and then when I found it, I thought I’d stick with the ground sirloin, as my husband and I prefer that anyway.)
Some of these items weren’t for my list, some I won’t even eat as they’re more for my husband and some, well, I just lost my willpower and I picked them up for convenience sake. No secrets – and yes, those are nacho tortilla chips on my receipt – yikes!
So, the verdict is: There are NO EXCUSES to eating healthy. The key however, is to have a PLAN. I’ve been eating healthy for quite awhile now but often we would end up wasting food because I didn’t have a plan. My shopping trip was very eye opening. It’s really quite amazing how much money and calories you can save while eating clean:) This can MORE than make up for Shakeology as your meal replacement.
My receipt! Under $75 but yet you can see the truth on where I stuck to my plan and where I veered off course.
Find my ALDI plan here. Be sure to actually print off the grocery list and the menu plan and take them with you to the store:) That way, if your ALDI has a really good seasonal special on something that’s not on my list, you can make a healthy swap and plan exactly what meal that swap is for.
If you’re interested in the 21 Day Fix program, please fill out my contact form or use this link.
21 Day Fix® and Shakeology Challenge Pack: http://www.teambeachbody.com/checkout/-/bbcheckout/challengepack/21-day-fix?referringRepId=542509
21 Day Fix EXTREME® and Shakeology Challenge Pack: http://www.teambeachbody.com/checkout/-/bbcheckout/challengepack/21-day-fix-extreme?referringRepId=542509