I always struggle with drinking enough water but it’s a lot easier when you understand the benefits. Just think – it’s a super easy way to experience all of these benefits:
- Improves your skin – try it. Drink half of your body weight in ounces every day. Cut out soda and sugary drinks and see how your skin improves!
- More energy – who doesn’t want more energy to get everything done in a day?!
- Prevents headaches – I notice when I travel I tend to get really bad headaches. Reason: I’m dehydrated. Drinking adequate water can prevent this so I now pack extra water bottles when I’m on the road.
- Immune-boosting benefits – especially with lemon. Adding lemon to your water is a great choice because lemons are naturally antibacterial and antiviral. TIP – in order to help me drink enough water throughout the day, I start each day off with a cup of lemon tea.
- It’s good for digestion
- It helps protect your joints – this is so important as we age. And it’s important to keep exercising to stave off aging!
Fun fact: The human body is anywhere from 55% to 78% water.